The Theta Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta was founded in 1855 at The University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Nationally, Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity was founded on May 1, 1848 at Jefferson College in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. The founders of the Fraternity, reverently referred to by brothers today as the "Immortal Six", were John Templeton McCarty, Samuel Beatty Wilson, James Elliott, Ellis Bailey Gregg, Daniel Webster Crofts, and Naaman Fletcher.
25 September 2016
Theta Chapter has a tradition of pledging the finest freshman attending the University of Alabama. The process of selection and recruiting (rush) begins in the fall preceding the rushee’s freshman year at the University. We encourage graduate brothers, fathers, and interested supporters to submit the names with recommendations as early in the process as possible, beginning with fall semester preceding attendance at the University.
Due to limitations on the number of pledges that can be accommodated while maintaining the standards established by Theta Chapter, it is vital to submit recommendations within a time that will permit a fair opportunity to meet and rush the candidate.
01 January 2017
may post news here.
5 November 2016
Please e-mail us with any comments/questions. Thank you,
In 1914, Theta Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta built the first Chapter House located on the grounds of the University of Alabama. That house was built on the same site of today's Chapter House and burned down in 1964. The current house was completed in 1966.